- Rubber sole
- Compact upper for hiking and camping
- Removable fleece footbed
- Fabric upper for water resistance
- Green Rubber 42% recycled outsole
Amazon.com Product Description
Building upon the success of the Timberland Radler Trail Camp Boat Shoe, our lightweight and packable flagship camping shoe. This Timberland outdoor shoe brings the same versatility and convenience to your boating adventures. With a compact upper design that zips into itself and is easily packable – great for boats’ small storage spaces – and DWR (durable water-repellent) treated ripstop fabric uppers to resist spray and waves, this shoe will be your new seafaring companion. A 42% recycled Green RubberTM outsole is quad-siped to channel water away and enhance traction, and the removable OrthoLite® footbed will bring to this Timberland Radler Trail Camp Boat Shoe on-deck comfort over lazy rivers and choppier ocean waters.
Review From Amazon Verified Purchaser
This shoe is amazing. So comfy, very warm despite only a fleece footbed and windbreaker-like rest of shoe. I will be living in these and ordering more colors. I have a messed up ankle from a car accident, most shoes cause pain, but not these, and GREAT traction! As far as sizing goes, 1/2 sizes would be brilliant…otherwise I’d say true to size. I am a women’s 9 1/2, got a 10 to be safe. They are a little roomy as they are unisex. Not narrow by any means. My nxt pair will be a women’s 9 just because I will want a pair to wear sock-less.
Ordered on a sat, rcvd the following Sat. Altrec did not disappoint.
Who’s ever seen another foldable zipper-closed shoe? Seriously. These shoes are awesome.
PROS (huge pros because I am very picky):
1) Folds in half and zips closed, with a hook for attaching to a backpack. The fabric is protected from dirt when traveling which keeps the shoes clean.
2) Super lightweight fabric upper. Nylon is durable and very comfortable. Doesn’t breath as well as cotton or mesh, but is the next best choice.
3) No traditional laces! Uses “quick laces” – much lighter and easier to use. Love em.
4) Flat footbed. Awesome! It’s so hard for me to find a shoe that isn’t angled or shaped. Most shoes have raised heels and “arch support” which, in my opinion, experience as a healthcare professional and research, causes posture imbalances leading to foot pain, pronation/supination, low back pain, knee and hip pain, etc. Over 99% of shoes I will not wear for this very reason. I have spent years and thousands of dollars learning about posture and mobility, even lectured about it. The modern style of shoes are so harmful for our bodies. Post a comment below if you want to know more. I can recommend books.
CONS (but not really):
1) Weigh 9 oz per shoe or a little over 1 lb for the pair. This is about 15-25% lighter than most shoes, but am used to ‘barefoot style’ shoes that weigh 5-7 oz for the pair. So these are a bit heavier than what I like on my feet. (I’m a minimalist, Zen-style yogi health nut type.) But for most people, these shoes will be lightweight or average. It’s the density of the rubber that adds the weight; the fabric is super light.
2) Tab on the zipper rubs the ground… but not if you flip the tab up. The pull tap will stay upright and not touch the ground when walking, if you set it.
For short trips to the store, vacations, backpacking/camping, post exercise, etc. these shoes are simply amazing. Very comfortable, light weight, proper footbed and unique styling. This will not be my last pair of these. Enjoy!
Take this one now at Amazon.com